என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey

Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey


One of my favorite documentary in Netflix is "Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey".

If I was allowed to travel back in time to my 17th age and asked to choose my study, I probably would have chosen Physics than Engineering as a first step towards becoming a theoretical physicist.



It is only because of the abundant chances it offers to study the physical nature of the boundless universe. Even though I belong to the community of people who don't prefer accelerating things towards extinction in the name of science, I honestly think that physics is a means to understand life better on the planet.

Physics offers perspectives and visions which one cannot perceive in the flow of life. Life and its chaosity as we live through compel us to not look back and get a glimpse of what we are going through. Instead, it makes us all yield to the competitions, emotions and survival challenges.

"How do you find time to write poetries and novels?" is one question thrown at me every now and then. It is self-explanatory.

In Netflix, this more-than-a-dozen-episode long documentary is available in HD print. Neil Degrasse Tyson has done a very extraordinary job of hosting the documentary with his excellent skills in conveying complex concepts of physics.

I lost count of the number of times I have seen these episodes back to back. It is one series I would love to watch any number of times.

Even though the series doesn't touch anything very complex like Einstein's relativity or Schrodinger or Quantum entanglement or multiverse, it has the much-needed basics with which one can quickly jump into the endless ocean of the physics of Cosmos.