என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Friday 12 April 2019

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

F.R.I.E.N.D.S


One of my very favorite web series on Netflix. I have seen this entire series once long back and since then, I have been repeating watching selective episodes that I liked the most. Its been more than a decade since this TV show ended in the US and yet, it is still the only one on FRIENDS. I mean, I have not seen any other show, as holding as, as captivating as F.R.I.E.N.D.S.



I watch this show (at least once in a day) whenever I feel like to laugh and sad to agree that there are no equivalents to this show in todays' date. Even if they made one, I don't think it would be as interesting as F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (I didn't like 'Whatsup velakari'. Stopped watching it from the 1st episode).

I tried so many other shows to find a likelihood with FRIENDS. 'Good Place' was once suggested to me, when I asked for tv shows that are FRIENDS-kind. I watched but I was not impressed. Gave up eventually. There are many subjective tv shows but not like FRIENDS.

Before Netflix, I had the habit of listening to Comedy Dramas. Crazy Mohan, S.Ve.Shekar to name a few drama creators. 'Ayiram uthai vaangiya aboorva sikamani', 'thathupillai', 'Athirstakkaran', 'Vaal paiyan' were some of my favorites of S.ve.Shekar. (These comedy shows were the only ones I agree with him. I am definitely not by his side in his politics). This fondness for mild-drama-comedies was contagious and they soon spread over to all my family. I even had CDs that I could run in my car when on long journeys.

Even then, FRIENDS, I would rank at the top on all these.