என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Wednesday 31 July 2019

6th Book - Those Faulty Journeys

When everyone spoke of something in common, 'Ungal En Enna' spoke something that was both logical and yet, beyond common man's perception. The foundation of the book was strongly rooted on something that except me, no one else perceived previously. This was from the sociological perspective.

From a technical standpoint, at the time when Ungal En Enna was published, I met no one who had a strong understanding on Math Fictions. That was the motivation to rewrite Ungal En Enna in English. This translation went on, in parallel, when Ungal En Enna was being authored by me.

First, in 2017, Ungal En Enna was released but the reception was too pathetic. I was hoping, some one would acknowledge the work. I handed over a PDF copy of the book to a senior author who was also a mathematics professor. But he returned saying, the book was not up-to his expectations. When I enquired about his expectations, from what he answered, I could make out that he was looking for a 'part' in the 'whole' idea of a scientific work.




That was when I thought, I must look for someone who can 'certify' the work and to my luck, Alex Kasman, an american mathematician came to my risk. He gone through the work and acknowledged it and even gave a home in his long list of mathematical fictions. But the point was, he strongly disagreed in the book's agenda. That was OK with me, because, in a way, I wanted to conceal the core of the book and I was happy that with his disagreement, the core was super-concealed. Anyone who read his review, I am sure, would not take the book seriously and that, I considered, 'need' at the present. I needed no more acknowledgements.

This translated work came out in the name 'Those Faulty Journeys' through Emerald Publishers in 2018. Sad that many publishing houses didn't even go past the synopsis of the book. They ruled out publishing the work saying, the work was too technical for wide audience. In Tamil, if you consider original works, Ungal En Enna was the first original work in the genre Mathematical Fiction and I am proud about it knowing that me and my book, both are being ignored.

BUT, EVER SINCE THE BIG BANG, I THINK, GREAT THINGS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IGNORED. ISN'T IT?