என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Saturday 27 July 2019

5th Book - Inexhaustible

By the time, I penned down 'Atchayapathra', I knew, it was going to be a unique script and therefore, I wanted to make the idea's presence global. That was the prime motivation towards translating it in English and 'Inexhaustible' was born.



The idea was I didn't want the target audience to be restricted to Tamil readers. Until that point in time, the only other work of mine that I had translated in English was 'Ungal En Enna'(Those Faulty Journeys). But when it came to publishing, Inexhaustible preceded 'Those Faulty Journeys'.

The reason was simple. Between 'Inexhaustible' and 'Those Faulty Journeys', 'Those Faulty Journeys' was more significant content-wise.

Sura and Westland had the same reasons to turn down this work.

'Your work is too technical for broad spectrum of target audience'. 

I have to give in. I had to go with Emerald Publishers, again, not because it was the best home but because, I didn't have a choice.

Inexhaustible was published by Emerald Publishers in 2018. That was my first work in English. This transformation, I considered, very significant for a budding writer. This work marked my 5th fictional work, though a translation of one of my original work.