என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Friday 19 July 2019

2nd Book - A Mathematical Fiction

'Ungal en enna' is by far, the book authored by me that has the craziest of my ideas. But if you read the book, you will realize that  neither the book is crazy nor me. In fact, the book would even logically quite convincing to you to an extent that you will not have a counter-argument to any of the argument that the book has laid in front of you.

So does that mean, this book is flawless? No. As a reader you would never have seen human relationships this way before and that is the only flaw there can be. It all depends on how deeper have you perceived the subject. If your perceptions in human relationships are at a very elementary level, you may find this book, unrealistic and crazy. In other words, if the book appears unrealistic and crazy, chances are, your perceptions in human relationships are very basic.

After I did my first work 'Oppanaikal kalaivatharke', I wrote two novellas but towards the end, they failed to impress me. This was the year 2015. It was the end of 2015 and in a few days 2016 was to be born. I conceived an idea based on what I discussed in my first book. The idea was based on the question: "How to model human relationships?".

I developed my own theory and elaborated it in 200+ pages and then 'Ungal en enna' was born.








Some good things to count on this book are:

1. This book marks the first and only original work in the genre, Mathematical fiction in Tamil. (The others are not original and were written for academic purposes).

2. It has been more than 2 years since the release of this book and there are no other mathematical fiction original works in Tamil after this.

3. Some of the things discussed in this book, are becoming real these days.

4. Senior writers in Tamil have not approved this work for a mathematical fiction yet but a mathematician and a researcher in College of Charleston, South Carolina, USA has approved this work for a mathematical fiction and honored this work by giving it a place in his long list of math fictions from across the world.

I came down from US to India for stamping in December 2016. US embassy in India kept me in a long wait. I took this as a 'directional sign' for publishing this work. Most publishers and fellow writers didn't even had a clue, what a mathematical fiction genre was. This was my problem to hit. To whoever I shared the work, I wasn't getting a 'verbal approval'. There was no appreciation. None wanted to get into a debate. Most tried to avoid a debate and the few who tried it were intended to know about it by getting into one which annoyed me.

They mostly were doubtful if it was a 'work' at all. I could make out that, a lot expected the work to resonate the qualities found in Tamil family novels that are filled with tears, emotions, sentiment, nativity etcetera.

Finally, after a lot of turbulence, I ended up publishing this work with Kaavya publishers not because it was the best placement but because I didn't have many choices to pick one from. The publisher had arranged for a book release function at Iksa Center, Egmore on the day of new year 2017. I gave a short 2 minutes speech to a bunch of say 50 people of which 10 are authors. So you can imagine how grand release it was.

Irrespective of who approved or ignored this work, it has now become a part in Tamil literary history.