என் ஆக்கங்கள் மீதான விமர்சனங்கள்

பிரபஞ்சத்தின் தினசரி டி.என்.ஏ குறிப்புகள்

Thursday 1 August 2019

7th Book - Varathatchana

One may argue that 'Varathatchana' was just a family novel. If you jumped into it, you might have taken one such stand on its flow. I am not going to completely disagree. For some reasons, I thought, the term dowry has been totally misinterpreted and my intention was to try social novel this time, as I didn't want to totally ignore that genre. I penned down my idea of 'dowry' in a 100+ pages novel which was later published by Kaavya publishers.



One, like the protagonist of this novel, you would not find elsewhere and if you asked yourself why, then I think the purpose of this 100+ pages would be served. Why the protagonist was in the way he has been in the novel, would not be a better question than, what makes of the protagonist, had he lived the way he did in this fiction? It is a question to ponder and I think, this perspective would make it a unique one. The fact that one such protagonist could only exists in such fiction, could not be an excuse was all I wanted to convey in this work. 

This book marked my 7th published work (5th in Tamil) and was released in 2018. This was also my 5th work that was published and released remotely with me being in US).